What We're Listening To
Music can be personal; we all have our favorite bands or artist. Then, there are those songs that bring you back to a moment in time – no matter where you are or what you're doing.
There are plenty of ways to listen to music these days, but we're fond of using Bluetooth to sync up with our Element Sound Bar and jam away while cleaning, enjoying the afternoon breeze on the porch, or dancing in the kitchen.
Here are some Element employees' favorite artists or bands and why they enjoy them!
- Thomas M. – Body Parts, Raphael Saadiq. Why? He is a soulful solo artist, but also the producer on so many impressive tracks.
- Erik B. – Ripe; hearing their perfect blend of groove, funk, and pop is always is the highlight of my day, and Robbie Wulfsohn may be the best male vocalist I've ever heard.
- Latoya B. – One of my favorite songs and artist is Common – Come Close. This song reminds me of the happiness love can bring even with all of the world's unhappiness today.
- Britt H. – My favorite artist is Grace Potter. She has a fantastic voice, and she knows how to put on a show.
- Reggie – Kirk Franklin; he has a passion that shows in his work.
- Kevin P. – I don't really have a favorite song or artist – I like a wide variety, and I'm always downloading new music.
- Ashley M. – Taylor Swift; we are close in age, and it feels as if the songs she writes match up perfectly with what is going on in my life. I love her attitude towards fame and life and the way she uses her platform. Oh, and I met her when I was 15, so I feel like we're old friends!
- Danny K. – Prince; I'd say because he could combine so many different music styles into a truly unique sound. His music was very emotive, and you somehow felt connected to him. He was also a key artist who helped define what the industry calls the Minneapolis sound.
Bring it home.